If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast, try this version of eggs done in just a few minutes. It’s very simple and uses minimal dishes so there’s not much to clean up after! I eat this many days of the week and it keeps me satisfied until mid morning snack time. Try it out:
How it’s Made:
1. Get a microwave safe cereal bowl and spray the inside with cooking spray.
2. Dump about a cup of egg whites in the bowl. I buy them in a carton so there’s no prep work.
3. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
4. Put it in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. It may need a little more time depending on your microwave.
5. While the eggs are in the microwave, cut your avocado in half and slice the half without the pit into cubes right in the avocado peel.
6. When the eggs are done, scoop your cubed avocado on top and add a few spoonfuls of your favorite salsa.
7. Eat and enjoy!
How to Store Your Avocado:
Now you’ve only used half of your avocado. You should still have the half with the pit left over for the next day. The best way I’ve found to store this so that it doesn’t go brown too fast is in a small closed container and pour some lemon juice on the exposed avocado. If you eat it the next day it will still look pretty good, but I wouldn’t try to keep it for much longer than that.
This whole process only takes me about 3 minutes to complete, so it’s great for before work when I don’t have much time. Good luck and enjoy your new breakfast! Let me know what you think.