Here’s workout number two of our third month. No point to beating around the bush! Here we go:
1. Sumo Squats: With a wide stance, hold a dumbbell with two hands hanging straight down in front of you. Squat down. The dumbbell should be between your legs. 10 reps.
2. One Arm Incline Chest Press: Lay inclined on a bench. You could use a recliner or prop yourself up on pillows if you have to. Hold a dumbbell in one hand with your arm straight and the weight suspended over your face. Bend your elbow and lower the weight until your elbow is at the same height as your shoulder. Push the weight back up. 10 reps each side.
3. Romanian Dead Lift with Weight in One Hand: Holding a dumbbell in one hand, bend over at the hips while keeping your back straight until you feel tightness behind your legs. Now stand back up while keeping your back straight. Do 5 reps with the weight in one hand and 5 with it in the other hand.
4. One Arm Bent Over Row: Holding a dumbbell in one hand, bend forward at your hips and keep your back straight. While in this bent position, pull the weight up like you’re rowing. Do 10 reps each side.
5. Split Squat with Weight in One Hand: Stand with one leg in front of the other with a dumbbell in one hand. Bend your knees and lower your body towards the floor. Push back up to the starting position. Do 10 reps, then put the other foot in front and the weight in the other hand and do another 10 reps.
6. One Arm Shoulder Raise: Hold a weight in one hand. With your arm straight, lift the weight out to the side until it is just above shoulder height. 10 reps each arm. For the other two sets I did the lifts in two different directions. The second set I lifted the weight straight out in front of me and the third set I lifted it halfway in between the first two directions at about a 45 degree angle from my body. 10 reps each arm for all of them.
7. One Arm Biceps Curl: Hold a dumbbell in one hand and curl it up from a straight arm position to a bent arm position. 10 reps each side.
8. Repeat exercises 1-7 two more times.
9. Hip Hinge on Ball: With your hands on the floor and your feet on the ball, pull your knees up towards your chest and back again. 30 reps.
There is workout number two for month three. I think this workout was a little easier to complete than the first one for the month. This one also still only took about 30 minutes to complete. So, give these a try and then we’re on to month four!!