Here is day two of the second four weeks of exercise. This should be a little easier than day one, but still challenging enough. You will feel it after doing day one a few days ago. By the end of the four weeks, these routines will get easier and you’ll be looking for something new to do again. Now for the routine!
1. Waiter’s Walk: This is similar to the Farmer’s Carry except that you hold the weight straight over your head like a waiter carrying a tray. You’re holding the weight in one hand at a time. Walk about 150 feet, then switch hands and do it again. I used 20#.
2. Dead Lift Using Exercise Band: Stand on the band with the other end in your hands. Bend your knees and squat down with your trunk leaned forward but still keeping your back straight. Stand straight up. 15 reps.
3. Shoulder Press With Weight: Standing with your hands by your shoulders and a weight in each hand, lift the weights up over your head. I used 10 pounds each. 15 reps.
4. Split Squat With Back Foot Elevated: Just like it sounds, put your back foot on a chair or bench and your other foot in front of you. Now squat down keeping your trunk straight. 15 reps each leg.
5. Pushups On Ball: These are just like regular pushups except you have your feet elevated on a ball. 15 reps.
6. Single Leg RDL With Weight: Hold a dumbbell in one hand. Stand on one leg and bend forward to reach for the floor while you swing the other leg out behind you. Remember to keep your back straight the whole time. I used 10# and did one set with the weight in one hand and the second set with it in the other hand. 15 reps on each leg.
7. Bent Over Row With Weight: Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Bend over at the waist keeping your back straight. Pull the weights up bending your elbows and squeezing your should blades together. I used 10# in each hand. 15 reps.
8. Hamstring Curls On Ball: Lay on the floor with your feet on an exercise ball and your knees straight. Lift your butt off the floor and hold it up. Now bend your knees and pull the ball back and forth towards your butt. 15 reps.
9. Biceps Curls With Weight: Hold a dumbbell down by your sides in each hand. Bend your elbows to curl the weight up and bring them back down. 15 reps.
10. Repeat exercises 2-9.
11. Hip Hinge On Ball: With your hands on the floor and your feet on the ball, pull your knees up towards your chest and back again. 30 reps.
12. Pallof Press: Tie your exercise band to something at about chest level. Now stand sideways with your knees slightly bent, your butt and abs tight and with good posture. With a little tension on the band, hold it up to your chest with both hands. Straighten out your arms. You’ll feel the tension increase. Hold that position for a few seconds (two breaths) without letting your trunk move. Pull your arms back to your chest. 30 reps each direction.
So, that’s day two of round two. Hope you found it to be challenging enough without being too much or too little. Let me know what you think and good luck!